Remco Towing Products - Drive Shaft Coupling
WE OFFER TOW DISCONNECTS FOR ALL KINDS OF VEHICLES. IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE PLEASE CALL US AT 775-331-4500 AND ONE OF OUR TECHS WILL BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU!
Worry free towing!
Towing your vehicle behind a motor home has now become very common and most motor home owners report that towing a car has little or no effect on handling and mileage. Yet many questions remain about towing with all four wheels on the ground verses using a 2 wheel dolly. Owners agree that towing with four wheels down -
- Gives you quicker hookups of the car with a tow bar than loading and unloading a dolly
- Means less equipment cost with Remco equipment than dolly
- Means less equipment to maintain
- Means less weight to tow (35 lbs. tow bar verses 500 lbs.. dolly)
- Can use tow bar on any highway in US and Canada
- Avoid dolly restrictions at camp ground
- Tow bar easier to store than a dolly
Remco's are the most convenient and easy way to tow your car, truck, or van on all four wheels. Whether it's large or small, front or rear wheel drive. Remco has what you need to tow it behind your motor home. Tow it the easy way, on all four wheels. More convenience and less risk than other systems. We offer disconnects in two different configurations:
- Drive Shaft Couplings for automatic transmissions with rear wheel drive
Concerned about accumulating mileage on the towed vehicle (toad) when towing. There is, of coarse, no mileage accumulation with the driveline disconnect or the axle lock systems. These two products disengage the drive train for towing and the vehicle is towed with the transmission in Park. This means there is no rotational movement in the transmission. The speedometer drive gears are not turning. Now that electronic speedometers have replaced the old cable-driven units, logging mileage is a thing of the past, even with the lube-pump kits. The only exceptions are vehicles with the sensors on the front or rear wheels and the 1996 and newer Chrysler mini-vans .
Remco's Drive Shaft Coupling
Prevents automatic transmission damage to your rear axle drive vehicle. When you tow your rear axle drive car, van or pickup, the drive shaft to the rear axle must be disconnected to prevent damage to the automatic transmission. This requires mechanical service under the car which is not convenient for RV towing. Remco's Drive Shaft Couplings was developed to provide a quick and easy means of disconnecting the transmission while sitting in the driver's seat. The coupling (mechanical clutch) is installed into the rear portion of the car's drive shaft, near the rear axle.
When disconnected the rear axle is free to turn without turning the drive shaft or transmission. The coupling has a control cable attached to it which extends to a location under the driver's seat. This control is pulled out to disengage for towing and pushed into engage for driving the vehicle.
- No Transmission damage while towing
- No speedometer miles while towing
- Shift to drive or tow in seconds
- Coupling made with heat treated alloy steel
- Precision cut gear teeth
- Lifetime sealed ball bearings
- Fits most rear wheel drive cars, vans or pickups
- Purchase with new shaft attached or we can modify your existing driveshaft
- Over 50,000 units on the road in 14 years
- Easy installation by a garage or an above average weekend mechanic call order the unit with a small deposit, remove your existing driveline and send it to us via UPS. We will modify your existing shaft and UPS it back to you prepaid you complete installation of the modified drive shaft and install control cable.
Remco's Axle-lock Coupling
Disconnects the automatic transmission for towing a front wheel drive vehicle. The Axle-Lock is a mechanical disconnect built into the vehicle's front drive axle. A single Axle-Lock is installed into the right front axle (passenger side). When the Axle-Lock is placed into a disengaged position, the transmission will not turn and the speedometer will not register mileage.
*At time of order for a driveline disconnect kit please provide center line to center line of front ujoint to rear ujoint or flange to flange measurement to ensure drop in replacement for your existing application.