We offer a complete line of professional overhaul kits for your automatic transmission. We have a complete line for most import manufactures here we offer information and parts to repair the following 5 different automatic transmission utilized in Saab 's and fix automatic transmission problems. We offer overhaul kits that includes all paper and rubber products, o-rings seals, metal clad seals, gaskets and clutch frictions for many different model automatic transmissions.
We can provide clutch steels kits, filter kits, torque converters and in most cases troubleshooting and overhaul guides and other hard parts.
We offer parts for the Borg Warner 35TB utilized in the Saab 900 transmissions. Parts are available for the AW50 40LE automatic transmission also used in the Saab 900. Overhaul kit and hard parts are also available for the AW50 42LE that is installed in the Saab 9-3. The ZF-HP18 automatic transmission utilized in the Saab 9000 is supported as well as the 4T65E automatic transmission installed in the Saab 9-5.
Doing the work yourself or supply these quality parts to your mechanic and you save money!
Use the same parts as professional mechanics & get professional results!
Be sure to use our transmission cooling line flush in order to remove debris. Your cost is $11.88 order Kooler Kleen.
The correct parts at the right price the first time
Easy to use, selecting your vehicle transmission model from table above will take you to a detailed application listing of parts for various model and years of manufacture. Information is supplied to assist you in identifying specific part number for the parts kit necessary to assist you with your overhaul or maintenance efforts. In some cases we can also supply additional hard parts to assist you, if you don't see the parts you need just give us a call, at times we can even supply good used hard parts to save you additional money.
So the next time you need to repair your automatic transmission remember - all overhaul kits are not the same - you can never make a bad decision by choosing the best. We suggest that you start with our professional troubleshooting and overhaul manual. This is the same manual you will find in most major transmission shops. These are model number specific and typically include 50 to 85 pages of detailed information, drawings, schematics and specifications. Detailed trouble code information that you can get from your vehicles on-board computer are explained, review of this data will give you a good idea as to the probable cause of the automatic transmission problem. Even if you don't do the work yourself the knowledge you gain may keep you from being ripped off at local transmission shop.
If you have particles in the pan of the transmission you can be sure that the same contamination can be found in the cooling system at the bottom of the radiator. With your overhaul parts you should also purchase two cans for radiator cooling system flush and completely purge out all contamination in the cool hoses both output and return as well as the radiator reservoir.
It is also recommended that you replace the torque converter, as it is difficulty to clean and purge out the contamination surely to be inside the torque converter.
Listed below you will find a detailed application guides listing vehicle manufacture information. This is an abbreviated list and other parts are available. If you need something that is not listed just let us know .
Vehicle, Model, Transmission Model
Saab 900 BW35TB
Master Overhaul Kit with clutch steels All 900 1979-1993 FWD 3 Speed Transmission Code BW35TB
This kit includes all paper and rubber products, o-rings seals, metal clad seals, gaskets and clutch frictions (clutch steels kit is included). Actual parts vary by transmission type.
Filter kit contains oil filter, pan gasket, filter gasket, seal or O ring.
Saab 9000 ZF-HP18
Trouble Shooting Overhaul Guide
Typically manuals include 55 to 85 pages of technical information.
Saab 9000 ZF-HP18
Dia. 11.0" Pilot 1.10" Hub 1.690" slot, mount 3 pads, 34 spline medium high stall. Remanufactured & tested in USA, to ensure the correct part please provide code off original torque converter at time of the order.
Saab 9000 ZF-HP18
Dia. 11.0" Pilot 1.10" Hub 1.690" slot, mount 3 pads, 34 spline high stall. Remanufactured & tested in USA, to ensure the correct part please provide code off original torque converter at time of the order.
Typically manuals include 55 to 85 pages of technical information.
Saab 9-5 4T65E
Remanufactured & tested in USA, to ensure the correct part please provide code off original torque converter at time of the order.
Minimum Order $25.00
Our Torque Converters are remanufactured & tested in USA, to ensure the correct part please provide code off original torque converter at time of the order. Our torque converters are remanufactured to the highest industry standards, we use hardened steel hubs, Raybestos clutch linings and Torrington bearings. All hubs, bearings, washers, o-rings, roller clutches, bushings and clutch linings are replaced. 100% Quality inspections are conducted at each critical phase of the production cycle each converter is pressures tested, and computerized balance before shipment. Call with code off your existing torque converter and we can provide a quotation.
Regular maintenance cycles and continued checking of fluid levels is critical to the life of your transmission. Operating temperature is the single most critical parameter effecting the life of the transmission. Keep the temperature down and fluid fresh helps the units typically last a very long time under normal driving conditions. We can supply a couple of aftermarket products to help you get the most out of your transmission:
Auxiliary Transmission Oil Cooler.
We can provide the Truco auxiliary transmission oil cooler for you vehicle it is an excellent auxiliary oil cooler that provide additional cooling capacity. The kit includes all parts required to mount the unit and connect to existing cooling lines. This is a typical do it yourself project. The unit typically mounts in front of the radiator. Your cost on this transmission life saving product vary by vehicle model and typically start at $54.94 plus shipping and handling.
Generally we don't recommend additives but we have found that the Lubegard "Automatic Transmission Protectant" at only $13.93 + S&H can:
Prevent overheating, reducing transmission temperature up to 40 degrees F.
Extend fluid life
Eliminates transmission fluid foaming and oxidation
Reduces wear throughout the transmission
Elimates clutch chatter and torque converter shudder
Softens and modifies harsh shifts
Provides for smoother shifting
Eliminates objectionable noises during shifts
Keeps valves and governors free and frees stuck valves in valve bodies
Raises the thermal and oxidative stability
Only product that increases the fluids ability to transfer heat
Contains no Ash
Always consult and follow owners manual for maintenance intervals and requirements.
Before you tear into the transmission, we suggest you first study the troubleshooting overhaul manual, add a bottle of our "Automatic Transmission Protectant" and put a few miles on the vehicle. This just might free valves and governors that are possible stuck in valve bodies. Be sure to get computer trouble code(s), see owners manual for technique to acquire malfunction codes. This will be a great assistance in diagnosing possible problems.
Twenty-One Steps to Successful Transmission Repair:
1) Do your research locate any technical bulletins pertaining to your transmission, ask your dealers parts department for bulletins.
2) Clean the entire transmission, including the valve body.
3) Check pump, valve body and case for warpage.
4) Flat file pumps, valve bodies, and cases. Just a few strokes with the file to knock off high spots and handling burrs.
5) Check all pump gear clearances.
6) Check planet pinion end play and side to side motion.
7) Soak all planet assemblies.
8) Soak all friction materials for 15 - 30 minutes.
9) Make sure all steels are in usable condition or replace. Do not sand or tumble steels when used against High Energy friction materials.
10) Inspect all surfaces upon which a band will ride.
11) Replace all rotating oil control rings.
12) Check all oil control rings and rubber products in the bores for proper fit.
13) Check all major support bushings and bushings that control lub oil.
14) Pre-lubricate all bushings and thrust washers.
15) Pre-lub pumps.
16) Pre-fill torque converter.
17) Use available manuals to ensure proper specifications and clearances.
18) Set correct clutch and band clearances.
19) Take the time to set the total end play.
20) Use a torque wrench on all pumps and valve bodies.
21) Always double flush the cooling and cooling return lines to the radiator to remove particles trapped there.
Take your time, take your time, take you time
Torque Converter Installation Preparation
Many torque converter problems can be avoided with proper preparation:
1) Pre-thread converter bolts by hand to make sure there is no sign of stripped threads.
3) Use 320 grit sandpaper or Emory cloth to remove any metal shavings on crankshaft.
4) Check converter for any damage that may have occurred during shipping.
5) Pre-fill converter with a minimum of (1) quart of transmission fluid.
6) Clean all paint off the pilot using 320 grit emory cloth.
7) Apply grease, not transmission gel, on the pilot.
8) Check flexplate for cracks and be sure there is no more than .006" run out.
9) Make sure all engine dowel pins are in place and clean.
10) Make sure all electrical ground straps are properly connected.
11) Never, Never use an impact gun to install torque converter bolts. Driving a bolt into the converter cover will create a dimple on the lockup apply surface. Lockup clutch failure will occur when the lockup piston applies against and uneven surface. Grinding off on thread length from all lockup converter bolts is recommended to avert this type of failure.
In addition to Saab 900, Saab 9-3, Saab 9000, Saab 9-5 automatic overhaul kits and repair parts we offer free technical support to assist you in solving your automotive problems.